What Does Customer Service Mean at Barton Glass?
We often hear people talking about horrid customer service, and we see this kind of comment on social media frequently. It got me to thinking about what we do here at Barton Glass. My wife, JoAnne and I are the Customer Service Department, along with Kirby, Sealey, Meg, Betty Lou and Rose. You can learn more about them here.
Most entrepreneurs learned and formed habits in corporate America and we’re no exception. In my career in sales for various glass companies, it was me and my reputation on the line. If there was a problem with an install, it was up to me to make it right for the customer.
So, all of that, along with our customer service experiences, from both previous jobs/careers, and personal customer service received over the years, we both want the Customer Service at Barton Glass to be among the finest.
Here are the 7 things we think are most important:
1. We want our customers to know there is no one more important, or whom we’d rather be giving our full attention, caring and concern to, in that moment. We really want to know who they are, what jobs we’ve done for them, and what they might be calling about each time is significant!
2. We strive to be professional and courteous.
3. That our customers should feel as if we are giving this problem our full attention and that we will work for a resolution to a problem quickly.
4. If our customers require fixes or repairs, our’s will be permanent, therefore, not something temporary or a work-around!
5. We want to communicate with the customers and keep them apprised of any progress on their appointment, their materials, their problem resolution, so that they can feel comfortable in the process.
6. We are dissatisfied until and unless the customer is 100% satisfied.
7. And finally, all of our customers should be, and are treated well.
We know how important it is to have happy, repeat customers who’ll tell their neighbors about Barton Glass, and we thank you for those referrals!
We appreciate great Customer Service, and furthermore, we know how good it feels when we get it, so we want you to feel good, too.